Renting

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tim1075, Sep 12, 2001.

1. Tim1075

Tim1075 LawnSite Member

When renting equipment to do a job how do you guys charge the customer or do you?

2. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

Job pricing: Materials
    Machine rental (actual)
    Labor time (including time to pickup&return
    Tax

$ Price ________

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Just bid the job or jobs and figure in the rental in the bid. What are you renting? If it's an aerator, line up several and do them all in one day.

4. To me it depends on what the job is. If the tool is only being used at one job that day, then I charge it to the customer + markup. Such as an excavator, backhoe, etc. Now if it is a tree job and I need a chipper, or stump cutter. If you have a job that you do by the inch, foot, volume... you just figure out what you need by the foot, or however you do it. Then you go and get the machine, and bang out as many jobs as you can in one day. So if you can do 5 jobs in a day with that piece of machinery then you get em all done. If you cant then you price the machine into the job. Stumping, if I go and say for 1 stump that it will be $100, I can do several of those in one day. That would be about a 25" stump at $4 per inch. Now if I go and say ok, its $100 plus $200 for rental, then I would never get the job.