renting?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by precisionlawn, Feb 26, 2003.

1. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

There is a place right down the street from me, and it is in the general area of my accounts. It is a 1300 sf office with a attached garage with overhead door, The garage is big enough to fit my truck and trailer in with no prob, and room for more. The rent is $650/ month, and it will be split with my uncle because he is going to use some of the storage space, so it would be roughly $325 out of my pocket/month. Is it worth it to have the office, I would get a seperate phone #, And also I think it is more professional. What do you guys think?

2. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

damm I would jump on that in a minute if it has a bathroom and water so you can wash your equipment. sounds like a pretty sweet deal if its just down the street from you

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow, sounds like a good deal. Price doesn't seem to bad for your area. You better jump on that might not last long.

4. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

I'm a firm believer if you don't need it don't buy it. You didn't mention what you have at your house for storage. I would take the $4000.00 I would save roughin it and go to Bermuda over the winter, if the snow wasn't in the near future....heh heh heh. I could also buy some nice equipment. You could also build an addition to your house. Again don't know if you rent or own. To many things i could do with the money besides give it to someone else....just my .02:drinkup:

5. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

If this will make your life easier and you can afford to do then go for it. This will add to your overhead but having place to store everything out of the weather and securely is the best. The price does not sound that bad.

Gravely_Man

6. BB36

BB36 LawnSite Member

If you can afford the overhead and its what you want go for it.It sounds to me like a good deal.

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

If its better than what you have now, I'd get it. I'd also sign some kind of agreement with your uncle. What happens if he gets cold feet at the last minute. Also, who's name is going to be on the lease?

8. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends what the property is zoned. You have extra insurance to think about. Do you or will you store any chemicals, products of any kind? Insurance needs to know this. What about fire codes and indoor fuel containers? All things to consider. Not that you will have a problem, but maybe someday someone sees your operation working out of there and is in a bad mood and calls and you've got the city breathing down your neck with possible violations.

Sometimes just rolling your truck and trailer in a garage isn't that easy. Just stuff to consider. :)

9. precisionlawn

There is no room at my house. HEres a pic of the front. The garage is filled. no room to the side or anything. I definetly am going to get the place. Not only will I have a place to store my equiptment but I will have an office as well. And i am also aware of the insurance!

10. precisionlawn