Reopening Letter thoughts?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jocko1104, Jan 16, 2003.

1. jocko1104

jocko1104 LawnSite Member

The letter itself is pretty self explanitory.

Could some of you veteren letter writers take a look at this an offer suggestions if any?

Everything that I need to know I learned on lawnsite.com!

Attached Files:

2. jocko1104

jocko1104 LawnSite Member

40 reads and no response? WOW

3. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

you could let them know a little more about what happened, unless they know (you mention they may not be aware)

i would guess people would come back and still be willing to pay what they did before.

4. jkkalbers

jkkalbers LawnSite Member

I think it is pretty good. except this line.

This comes as great news to our families and us as we have, as some of you may know, were forced to recover from a fire that resulted in the closure of AAA Lawn Care last season.

It's a little confusing to me. Also if most of the people are aware of the fire, you may want to go into a little more depth about it how it affected the company, and what improvements you made.

Here is something you could write:

As many of you know, we were forced to close AAA Lawn Care last season due to a fire. We are very pleased to be re-opening this year, and appreciate all the support you have shown us.

5. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Jkkalbers, that is what i was thinking.

I understand what you are trying to say by stating that spaces fill up quickly. It did not read as effectivly as could, but im not sure how to re word it.

6. pilotcoplawnboy

pilotcoplawnboy LawnSite Member

How about

"This comes as great news to us and our families, since some of you may know, we were forced to recover from a fire that resulted in the closure of AAA Lawn Care last season."

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Here is another idea, besides a letter, why don't you go around personally and talk to the customers. I know that it might talk longer, but the customers will remember you more for it. Or perhaps a phone call instead.