Repair Parts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Keegan, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

What's a good company that I can buy repair parts for my equipment? I'm looking for plugs, filters, etc.

If you know their website off hand that would help a lot!

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I usually buy my plugs at the harware store (CJ8 fits most of my stuff), my oil filters at Pep Boys and the rest of the stuff from the dealer.
  3. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

Tractor Supply for most of my PM parts and the other stuff direct from the factory (since my closest dealer is 1.5 hours away. I do all of my own PM and minor repairs.
  4. gman44

gman44 LawnSite Member

I see your from CT too , Ive been using are in Ludlow , MA ...or 1-800-428-8004...Call and they will send a catalog. Good people , good service . Also, look across the tops of the pages here , there are some real good sources there too . Good luck ....
  5. bls47303

bls47303 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana
  6. Kilman's

Kilman's LawnSite Member
  7. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I've tried J-Thomas & Stens, I may still use them for edger blades, maybe, big maybe for mower blades. I will not use anyone but my dealer for filters, oil, plugs, belts, etc. I do this because he has always, always treated me right, I tend to reward loyalty with loyalty even if it costs a bit more than shopping a discount after market place. I view my relationship with my dealer as much the same as when buying a true commercial piece of equipment. Most of us shy away from the homeowner equipment even though it may be made by a commercial manufacturer and costs less. Most of us recognize the value of spending a little extra now for piece of mind down the road. This is how I tend to view my relationship with my dealer.

8. Kilman's

Kilman's LawnSite Member

im sorry, not .... its [ ]:gunsfirin
  9. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

10. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

j-thomas all the way. usually always has everything in stock. no back orders like i've had with landscapers supply. not that there is anything wrong with them.