1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Replace Engine or Buy New Mower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Darryll, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Darryll

Darryll LawnSite Member
    from MD

Unfortantely, my 1996 Snapper self-propelled 4 cycle 6.5 HP Tecumseh engine needs replacing. Because I cut on hills, I am need a 2 cycle engine. The new engine installed would be the Wisconsin-Robin 2 cycle 4 HP Model # EC 130V 5113 which cost $392.00. Add $100 for labor/parts if required and we are talking about $500.00. On the other hand, I'm thinking about buying a new Snapper self-propelled, 2 cycle 4HP Wisconsin-Robin engine.
    Need advice on the pros and cons on replacing engine and buying new. Also, I have looked at the Lawnboys 2 cycle self-propelled with a price tag of $478 but I am not sure about the quality of these mowers based on what I read. Any advice would be helpful.

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

you can search here and see that Lawnboy's have an Overwhelming positive response, If i were in your situation i would get the lawnboy, with regular maintenance it will last for ever!!!!!!!!