replace landscaping timbers w/?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Iculukn, May 22, 2005.

1. Iculukn

Iculukn LawnSite Member

I've got a lot of landscaping timbers and I want to replace them with something long lasting. I don't want to attract termites and I don't want it to rot. However, the price of everything I've found at the HD or Lowes is very high.
    Any suggestion, most welcome-lukn
  2. andygold

andygold LawnSite Member

Any suggestions huh!!!.....I've seen it, and as strange as it sounds, it didn't look that horribly bad. This guy down the block from me lined all the beds in front of his house with white PVC pipe, I'm guessing about 3"-4" in diameter, partially (maybe halfway) sunk into the ground. Don't know if he spiked them into the ground or not. Cheap, and long lasting. Not for me, but as I said it didn't look thaaaat bad!
  3. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

If you've only got one run of landscape timbers,green metal edging would work.It's fairly cheap at a little over $1 per linear foot.If the timbers are stacked,then you will have to use stone or retaining wall block.
  4. Iculukn

Iculukn LawnSite Member

I've around 150' to remove of double stacked landscape timbers. It's a mess and one of a few on the list of "To Do's". Thanks Guys-lukn
  5. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

How bout small or medium wall block,faced you know the garden wall kind that are like a 1/2 circle?They just stack on top of each other and lock together,some do.They come in several colors and are easy to install and don't rot or get termites.