Replacement deck question

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mickeyg, Mar 6, 2008.

1. mickeyg

mickeyg LawnSite Member

I have a 2000 72" super Z, the deck needs to be replaced, its completely worn out. My question is: 1.Can I still purchase the old deck or do I have to buy the new XR7 deck? 2.what is the PN for a complete XR7 deck? 3. What is the suggested price for a complete72" XR7 deck? My wheel motor also needs a new outer seal, my dealer has not been very helpful in trying to find a p/n, can you help with a manual? thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The XR-7 will not fit on the 2005 and older frames.
    I don't have pricing, I am not aware of a part # for a complete deck assembly either, your going to need to buy everything individually.
    I would bet that rebuilding the deck is going to be less expensive regardless.
    You can download parts and owners manuals here >> http://www.hustlerturf.com/Web-content/Manual/Manual.html

Pj

3. PEVO

PEVO LawnSite Member

Look at a older Super-Z frame, then look at a new one(XR-7) You will notice the front castors are spaced out farther + they are streched out farther forward to clear the newer deck. Me thinks that if you could extend the frame farther forward & out, you could mate a XR-7 to a older frame. This means some major cutting & adding steel(extending) the front castors. I think anyway.

4. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

It's just tube steel though. That should actually be pretty easy. If you can't do it yourself, any decent welding shop should be able to handle that. It might be worth looking at actually.

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The mounting placement of the deck is different also.
    Look at a 2005 ad older Z, the deck is tight to the rear wheel.
    On a 2006 and newer it is further from rear wheel and allows a space so a roller can be installed on rear of deck.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The mounting placement of the deck is different also.
    Look at a 2005 and older Z, the deck is tight to the rear wheel.
    On a 2006 and newer it is further from rear wheel and allows a space so a roller can be installed on rear of deck.

7. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

Don't mess around with fitting an XR7 to an old deck tractor. Just trade it in for a new one. Hustler has some great finance programs out there.

8. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

perhaps not so easy after all. :laugh: