Lawn Care Forum banner

Replacement GRIPS for Quick 36 or 44 mowers . . .?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Valk 
#1 ·
What kind & type of replacement grips work the best? Proper clearance for levers etc. ?

#2 ·
I've heard of people going to sports shops and getting bicycle grips for it that worked really well.

#3 ·
Yeah...i had a problem with the factory grips slipping off while cutting....tried bike grips....but I could not get those to work properly....so i went back with the originals and crazy glued them on.

#6 ·
My q_36 has a total of 19 hours on it so far, and I haven't had that problem !!

#7 ·
Thanks for the input. Might try the glue.

I really would like to rig up some better grips though - I'll keep my eyes peeled for bike / motorcycle grips etc.

I really think a variable density softer on the outside firmer towards the middle grip would work best.

Anyhow I tried the mower out for roughly 15 minutes this last weekend - it's about what I expected however it was more wheelie prone than I thought it would be. That really helps since I have a lower profile enclosed trailer [thus a shorter ramp] that basically requires tipping the mower back, for clearance. I will post a review in about a month or so on the mower. I will be switching over to gator blades tomorrow for cleanup - post de-thatching jobs so I can reduce bagging volume. I need a bit more time on the sulky to master the turns. Turns with out the sulky are super easy.

The ice on the lake just broke up this last weekend. :laugh:

#9 ·
I replaced mine with some bmx grips from Giant brand...around $8. They are made for 7/8" tubing and the Q32 tubing is 1"...but with some rubbing alcohol they slid right on. I let them dry overnight and haven't had ANY problems since. I think I'll try cutting a notch in the right one in case they are limiting my top speed.

Bill8379, your disdain for BOP/Quick mowers gets more & more amusing...:laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.