replacement tires for Grasshopper ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scarlawnturf, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Scarlawnturf

Scarlawnturf LawnSite Member

I'm ready to replace the original Kenda 22x11x10 bar tread tires on my 722D. It's been suggested to try AT101's but I cannot find them anywhere in that size. Can anyone suggest an alternative bar tread tire or where I might find AT101's in that size? I don't want a turf type tire. Thanks.

2. pstarner

pstarner LawnSite Member

Try Kenda K502 tread!

Kenda 614-866-9803

3. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

i'm not sure exactly what type of tires those are but i will say that when we replaced our drive wheels they were going to be $200.00 (pair) at the grasshopper dealer so we looked around at tire places and found pretty much the exact same tires for $100.00...so make sure you aren't paying too much, i mean 50% off is quite a drop...

4. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

AT101 21x11x10 is a FAR better tire than the Kenda 22. I'm not sure if you can get them yet, but Kenda has designed another tire with Grasshopper that is better than the original 22" tire. You will have to go through your GH dealer to purchase I believe. With saying that, I still wouldn't purchase the Kenda, get the 21x11x10 and be finished. They shouldn't be much more than $65 a tire.

5. Scarlawnturf

Scarlawnturf LawnSite Member

I appreciate the replies. To PLM-1, does the deck system need a lot of adjustment with the 21x11x10 tire?

6. pstarner

pstarner LawnSite Member

Check out Kendausa.com

7. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Shouldn't need much at all if anything. I run mine exactly 1/8" higher in the back but it's hooked (I think) second hole from the top on the tractor, I would have to look to be sure.