replacement trimmer heads

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffex, Sep 1, 2001.

1. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

my gift to you today is http://www.sufix.com/garden.html these are simply the best trimmer heads on the market. I just bought another shindiawa t-230 and put a sufix trimmer head on it right away. dual line feed has seperation to keep lines from tangeling. no jam up like to original equipment head on shindiawa. I have a kawasaki kbl23a and the head that came with that was crap too! I bought extra spools from suffix and pre string the spools before mowing . they are the best

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

wonder how those flail heads do??

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'm leary of trimmer heads that you need to push something to get them apart. The Shindaiwa bump feed head has that little tab that you have to push and I hate it.

I currently use Veri heads available at www.landscapersupply.com

You just push the spool in and turn it. Very easy to use and it doesn't get stuck.

4. jeffex

you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink

5. dhicks

dhicks Member

I wish Sufix would sell to me. I keep being referred to a distributor who then sells to a retailer. I like the mega-twist line but cannot find anybody but distributors that will sell to me unless I buy a case. Oh well...

6. dhicks

dhicks Member

I wish Sufix would sell to me. I keep being referred to a distributor who then sells to a retailer. I like the mega-twist line but cannot find anybody but distributors that will sell to me unless I buy a case. Oh well...

7. jeffex

check out dixie sales they sold me 6 replacement spoolshttp://www.sufix.com/product.htm

8. dhicks

dhicks Member

I'll give them a call. Thanks!