Replacement ZTR tires

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigjoedo, Jun 13, 2009.

1. bigjoedo

bigjoedo LawnSite Member

Hello,

I have an Old Country Clipper 42" ZTR with a 18.5HP B&S Intek. I want to replace the well worn tires. They are 20/10 X10. I only use the ZTR for mowing no snow plowing etc. What type of tread works best with a mid mount ZTR? Which companies make the best wearing tires? Thanks

Bigjoedo

2. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Bump for ya I want better tires for my Everride Warrior

3. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I know they cost more but get 4-ply.

5. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Bigjoe, welcome to the forums and also hello neighbor! I'm one town over from you in Huron, small world! I too would recommend Carlisle tires as well as the turf masters I've had great luck with them too. I'd also definitely go with at least a 4 ply which will provide better resistance against punctures. You could also try a set of lug tires (carlisle has these too) which will provide better grip if that has been an issue for you in the past. Good luck!

6. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

I am not necessarily saying buy from these guys, but they list lots of sizes and styles: Gemplers.com. Also, give McCord tires in Ohio, I think, a call, they had the cheapest price in that size, back when I used to buy that size.

7. bigjoedo

bigjoedo LawnSite Member

Thanks gentlemen.

Dwost- I had an office in Huron for 8 years. Right across from "Old Womens Creek"

Joe:usflag:

8. Tires&wheels

Tires&wheels LawnSite Member

Carlisle MTCS or Turf Masters.

9. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

J Thomas sells all sorts of mower tires online. I think they have Carlisle tires.