Replacements for Stihl FS 85 and Shindaiwa T-270

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tanaka, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    Seen a lot of frustrating posts lately RE: your favorite 2-stroke models being discontinued. Here's what we recommend for a 2-stroke solution for the future:

Stihl FS 85 R/B Tanaka TBC-245PF

Shindaiwa T-270 R/B Tanaka TBC-340PF

The TBC-245PF has been reviewed here and the TBC-340PF review is coming soon.

-MW

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Mark, a little of the topic at hand, but I had hoped to be chosen to field test the new hedge trimmers last month..maybe a month and a half ago..lol...Anyways, I was wondering if you got a field test report from the selected recipient. We are still in the market for a new set. Our Kawasakis died today in the middle of a 10 hour trim job..<sniff>...I'd like to hear some firsthand feedback from any users of the Tanaka Hedge Trimmers.

3. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Mark, we don't have a dealer around(that I know of), but after reading Mike's review, I'd definitely like to try a set out. I usually buy Shindaiwa handheld equipment, but I wasn't happy with the new C4 engine setup as compared to the older pre-compliant engines. I also wasn't happy with the 489.00 price tag , either. Our zip is 26508...let me know if you have someone close by.

Bill

5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm anxious to hear the tbc-340 review.. It sounds on paper to be pretty good..

6. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Bill,
    We have a sales rep within 15 minutes of the Pittsburgh Pirates stadium. He is more than happy to let you demo some Tanaka equipment.

His name is Tom Small - 412-215-3043. Also, please email me your phone # and I will pass it on to him.

woodlingm@tanaka-ism.com

7. MercyMe

MercyMe LawnSite Member

Tanaka is very decent equipment but there are no dealers left due to the parts availability issues.

I stick with the major companies with the best dealers and parts/service support.

8. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Oh Mercy Me, The Tanaka Parts Availability Issue again

We understand your concern, but we are here to help. If you ever need to order parts, call us direct at 1-888-482-6252. You can look up parts on our Web site at www.tanaka-usa.com.

-MW

9. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I understand that Tanaka is very willing to help as far as parts are concerned, but nothing beats going to your dealer and them having the parts on hand if you need them. Dealer relations can help you go a long way in this buisness. I went out of my way earlier this year to check out the Tanaka line and drove out of my way. This dealer also carried a certain line of commercial zero turn mower i was interested in. I stood in the dealership for 10 minutes and nobody came up or seemed interested. Oh well their loss. I went to the dealer 5 minutes down the road and purchased a trimmer, and possibly soon, a new zero turn. It all comes down to the dealer and how they will support you.

10. MercyMe

MercyMe LawnSite Member

This is my point exactly. I want strong dealer supprot for both parts and service. This is ver important to me and Tanaka does not have dealers in my area anymore due to these issues.