Replacing broken solar lights

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by rmarkham, Jul 15, 2006.

1. rmarkham

rmarkham LawnSite Member

I have broken 2 ground spikes for solar lighting and cannot epoxy them without really cutting them down. Anybody know where to buy just the plastic stakes for outdoor lighting. These are not malibu lights. I think customer said she bought them on HSN. Have searched with google but it seems that no one wants to sell just the plastic spike. I would like to buy in bulk as this house has about 40 solar lights and I can see this happening again as most spikes are brittle already.
  2. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Try asking your question in the outdoor lighting section. The people to ask is the people that install lighting.
  3. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

If you find let me know. I have broken a few also.
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen a few at Harbor Freight Tools, but yes it's the whole light.
  5. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Why don't you just tell the customer to pick up what they want and pay them for it. Let them do all the running around. They may spend more than you but but your time is worth more than that.
  6. NY Landscape Lighting

NY Landscape Lighting LawnSite Member

Go to an irrigiation supply house that also sells professional landscape lighting supplies. They sell stakes for the fixtures. Maybe instead you can sell your customer quality low voltage fixtures and have them get of the solar all together. Your irrigation supplier may have classes and seminars on installing or sub it out to a Landscape Lighting company.