1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Replacing DV 100 diaphragms this spring.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jcom, May 19, 2008.

1. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

For whatever reason, we have changed 3-4 times more diaphragms in these valves this spring. Valves won't open fully when started up for the season.

Must be the low winter temps or debris taking them out.

Opines are appreciated.

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't had problems with them not opening. But they seem to get damaged by sand or debris easily and they seem to seep more than others. But it may be a function of I see way more DVs than other valves. So percentage wise it may be the same or better.
  3. lehrjetmx

lehrjetmx LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Replaced 10 so far this season all diaphram problems. Was thinking what the heck had 4 at one customers home. The best is it cheaper to buy an entire valve assy then its to buy just the diaphram so you get 2 for the price of one.
  4. I pay less than $6 for a DV100-diaphragm
  5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I think I pay about that too. We buy a few diaphragms, but lately we've been topping the whole valve if there is a problem.
  6. lehrjetmx

lehrjetmx LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

My cost for the diaphram was 11 and I get the whole valve for 9 so go figure that one out???? I wont tell you who I buy from....... JDL ........
  7. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I bought just a solonoid for the dv100 from the same place as above... and it cost me $18. The diaphram cost me $11 and the whole valve cost me $15??? I just keep a few valves on the truck now. How are you getting valves for $9?
  8. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Quantity. High quantity.