replacing front seal on hydro pump on grasshopper

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by bubba827, Mar 23, 2012.

1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

The pump should self prime. What you do is when you put it back together jack that side of the mower up and rock the handles back and forth with the engine running until you get full hydro pressure. They have a priming pump in them.

2. JCLawn and more

from MI

you have a BDP-10A-310 hydro gear pump. I am looking for a diagram for it.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  3. JCLawn and more

from MI

4. bubba827

bubba827 LawnSite Member

thanks again

5. bubba827

bubba827 LawnSite Member

hey just an update JC.......everything went great today took pump off and replaced o rings and seals everything back working ......only thing I noticed was when i started off going forward at full throttle it wanted to pull just a tiny bit to the left...just wondering if maybe the left pump was just a little weaker now than before? there was no pull before I took pump off, it tracked straight. I am not too worried about it because it is every so slight and i can adjust it if i need to

6. JCLawn and more

from MI

There should be adjustments on your hand lever linkage where it fastens to the pump. If you have it adjusted to far one way then it will pull. Look at your other side and compare the settings.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. bubba827

bubba827 LawnSite Member

yea thanks gona adjust it tomorrow

8. JCLawn and more

from MI

So did the diagrams help?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. bubba827

bubba827 LawnSite Member

oh yeaaaaaaaaaaa a life saver for sure......prob saved me between 2 to 3 hundred bucks,,,,thanks again

10. bubba827

bubba827 LawnSite Member

HELPPP had to replace same seal in other pump and after i did that and put pump back on the whell does not turn....forward or reverse....i jacked mower up and move handle back and forth still nothing.....any idea whas wrong....i got 2 yards to cut before sundown...:(