Lawn Care Forum banner

Replacing gas lines

949 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ffemt1271 
#1 ·
All my equipment is Stihl or Husky but my brother asked me to repair his Craftsman hedge trimmer for him. I need to replace the gas lines after finding the filter bouncing around the tank with rotted lines. Problem is I cannot feed the lines through the holes in the tank. I have the correct size lines and have tried oiling the openings, using a needlenose pliers, and just plain old twisting and turning to no avail. Can I heat them a bit or is there some trick to doing this? It seems that they make the holes in the tank a bit smaller to prevent gas seepage.
Thanks for any help offered.

#2 ·
You probably have the more common 3/32 ID X 3/16 OD fuel line which will be too thick for this application. You need to pick up some .80in ID X .140in OD fuel line.

#3 ·
there is an easy way, cut the end at an angle, sometimes a 45 will work, sometimes you need a longer angle, just enough to get the tip thru the hole, then pull the end thru with the pliers.( you will need a piece about an inch longer, because you will have to cut that inch off when you get it thru)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.