1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Replacing Kohler 25 W/ Kohler 26efi

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Albemarle Lawn, Aug 26, 2001.

1. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Gravely 260Z with a 25 Kohler and it is getting really tired at around 1500 hours.

Does anyone know where I can order a 26EFI complete with all the electronics/ fuel pump, etc to run it?

Has anyone tried this before or should I sell the mower while it still runs. The machine itself is in good shape.

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I have an interest in this swap myself,I am unhappy with the performance of my 25,it is not worn out yet,but i have a buyer if i want to sell it.Im trying to find the complete engineto,so i can swap it onto my Dixie.I can keeo all the extra cooling and filtration,except the air filter as far as i know.
  3. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

4. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

And get away from Kohler alltogether?
  5. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

you can get a kawi from any kawi engine dealer but, you might have a hard time since the OEMs still aren't getting the supply they need
  6. www.medartengine.com

That's the right web site for Medart Engine.

I think you would be better off selling and getting a new mower. you are asking for trouble doing this. your looking at close to $3000 just for an engine swap. By the time you pay a machanic to do. I wouldn't attempt this my self.

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

8. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

I am not sure how the gravely design is,I pulled a 25 kohler ouy of a zmaster ,would not want to do that that often,no wonder way the gakets blew there was no way to clean the crap out,The ony wiring diff,would be for the,charging systems .and as long as the muffler woud fit reasonable.The bobcat s ard design for either kaw or kohler,so its a easy change ,don,t know with the gravely ,and like lawngodfather said you may be asking for trouble