Replacing pop up's

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ccondie, Sep 25, 2007.

1. ccondie

ccondie LawnSite Member

Iam going to be replacing some pop ups tomorrow and need to know if there is really anything to doing this. It will be my first time replacing one. the one iam going to replace is about a 4" & will be replaced with possibly a 6" or 8". I dunno.

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Hunter, toro, rb? why are you replacing them? It is really easy to replace but getting them to be level and set in ground properly will take you a while till you do a few. why 8"? I can see 6" if you keep the grass really tall but 8 is over kill and not worth the money.

3. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member

who makes an 8" P\U or are we talking about the those new double pop-ups (you know... a 4" on top of a 4" or a 6" with a 2" on it).

.mz

4. sildoc

Yeah your right I was thinking 12", not 8.

5. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

why you putting 12s where 4s used to be? was it a bed and the original installer put 4" for the shrubs?

6. sildoc

I am not. reread my post. I was just saying that there are no 8's and there are 2,3,4,6,12. I can see using 6 on tall grass but I have yet to have a problem with properly adjusted 4's. I use mainly 1804 series with what ever nozzel best fits the purpose.

7. ccondie

ccondie LawnSite Member

iam replacing this one because it is behind some plants and it is supposed to be watering part of the yard but the daylily plants are growing to tall and it is not hitting the yard properly or as much it should. Per the customers request.

8. You are going to throw water over the daylilies? Why not go with a copper riser and a brass nozzle to boot. They'll think you are high end.

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

tsk tsk :nono: SS riser with brass nozzle.

Or even better yet, move the sprinkler.

10. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

The Hydrozone Police are on their way. :nono: :laugh: