Replacing Walker blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kevinsky, Aug 9, 2005.

1. kevinsky

kevinsky LawnSite Member
    from Nevada

I have a Walker that I bought in 1989. I understand that I can put a larger blower in this machine. I wondering how difficult this job is. Has anyone done it?

2. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

not to hard. the bolts that hold it on are prob all rusted and hard to get out. somewhat tight working conditions. anything else let me know.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

4. Brianslawn

5. John Gamba

from ct

6. Brianslawn

some older walkers and homeowner version (13hp) have smaller blower. most new walkers (18hp+) have bigger blower. i think they'll eventually phase smaller blower out.

7. John Gamba

from ct

I think they are making a bigger blower to compete with the bigger blower on the Navigator.
    John

8. Brianslawn

no idea. walker has had bigger blower for over ten years, though. i never said walkers were perfect, but for the kind of mowing i do they work better than anything else i've ever tried. we were about the first to use walker in NWA, now everyone is switching to them around here... even homeowners. i almost never see an exmark around here. never used one. hadnt even heard of them till this site.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I am redoing a MC model and I don't think you could put a bigger blower in this unit without a welding torch. Five bolts holds the blower, one is hard to get at. And I had to jack the unit up to drop it out the bottom. Walker MC is the worst thing I have ever seen for trying to jack it up, nowhere to get a jack in place.

10. John Gamba

from ct

There also coming out with a 31Hp unit "walker that is". See if you can try the Exmark. Fast Blades speed, deep deck and i hear a 52 rear discharge or bagging mower.
    John