1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Replacing Wright Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Sep 21, 2004.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

At how many hours is it wise to replace your ztr or Stander? How many hours till your problems start to come up? I maintain my machines but have one with 900 hrs....just curious what I should do?
  2. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

Replace it when it looks to bad to be in someones yard. We put about that many hours on a crews lead mower in one year, and replace about every 4 or 5 years. Granted, we do have a couple extra mowers if there is down time to repair.
  3. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I was told I would start to have real problems at about 2,000 hours. Meaning hydro pumps, etc. I've been pretty good with the preventive maintenance and have only had small problems with the machine. I has about 1,800 on it right now. I am planning on selling it in the spring and buying a new one (52" with 23 Kawi)
  4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Mine are 6 and 4 years old. 900 and 600 hours. I plan to run them into the ground. I hope to get 2000 out of them. I have seen some with 1800-1900 hours on them, still running. Mine look real bad, but cut great. Both are getting repainted this winter, along with minor over hauls. Since they won't match the new one.

I just order a new 52" 23 hp stander. I hope I can get that much out of that one too.

Any body need a sentar. I got to sell this one. To make room for the new toy.