Replies/View ratio

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cp, Jun 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cp

cp LawnSite Senior Member

Has anybody noticed how bad the reply to view ratio is?

I know I do a lot of looking without saying alot but to have 200+ views and only 3 replys:( .

Maybe I'm just a little typing happy today but I would think there is a lot of info out there that is not being passed along.

But as the saying goes, "it is better to be thought a fool than to", well you get the idea...;)

Just my .02

2. cp

cp LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, I put this in the wrong forum....:rolleyes:

3. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

yeah, i was pretty dissapointed with the ratio too

4. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

If I responded to every post in ls, I would be on Lawn site 25 hours a day.

5. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

As of late most questions do not deserve a reply. Many seem to be the rantings of juveniles with nothing better to do. Maybe this will pass when school is back in session. I for one hope so.

6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

u mean my questions dont deserve a reply? im a juvanile, i have been active on these forums, i have posted to other messages and i have been asking a lot of questions, is this not what this forum is about? asking questions? what is wrong with me wanting to look professional (painting thread) what is wrong with me wanting to have well running equip (tuneup thread). and what about all the other guys wanting to know about getting started? something wrong with wanting to be in this field? :blob2: i find this as a very nast comment, dont want to cause trouble but what right do u have to make this type of comment?
    sincerely,
    a very offended juvanile who wants to learn and make money

7. Some lawnsite members may view a post to see if there is any thing that they can learn from it but may they may not have anything to contribute to the topic either due to not enough knowledge of the subject or just wishing to keep what they know to theirselves. As a moderator everytime I view a thread it increases the views, looking at the number of moderators we have now and this can add up in a hurry. In most cases we are scanning for possible violations of the posting guidelines in a post and we move on. Some new members may feel that they don't have anything to contribute until they have learned more about this business.

As far as the comment about being juvenile. We have some younger members here who act more mature than some of the older members do at times.

8. Lawn Wizard

Lawn Wizard LawnSite Member

I dont think ti has to do with the type of posts STSLawns but many many of the same questions are asked over and over again. Not that it is a bad thing but many of the people here who do answer questions probably are getting a bit tired of "How do I get into this business" :)

Plus out of all the registered members how many are actually active? Im sure it is a small percentage of all the people that come here.

Just my $.02

9. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Scottie,

I think I know what he means, I don't think it was directed toward you. There are some folks here who I would not know they were juvenile unless they said so. I thought you were an adult actually.

I have also noticed the post lately being very "chatty" wtth no real topic and was thinking the same thing, sorry.

10. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I dont respond all that often because for example the post that jones started telling how he could underprice someone with a few employees, and a ztr. It turned into a bunch of crybabies insulting each other. One evan said he was bringing everyones prices down, like one person can do that. I try to only respond when i have something to say that hasnt already been said by someone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.