Reply Timeouts

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by lawnstudent, Jul 12, 2002.

1. lawnstudent

lawnstudent LawnSite Senior Member

I've noticed that LS times out my log-in while I am writing a reply. This requires that I:

1) save my reply
    2) log back in to LS
    3) negotiate back to the thread
    4) select reply again
    5) paste my saved reply
    6) reply

I have two questions.

1) Why are replies timed out?
    2) Can we increase the time-out period?

This sure would reduce my frustration level with writing replies. Thanks.

jim

2. DaveK

DaveK LawnSite Member

I think the timeout is quite long. I've taken 10 minutes or more to write long replies and haven't timed out.

3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

if you use the links under the lawnsite logo it does that, use the drop down menus at the bottom of the page

4. lawnstudent

The "Forum Jump" pull down menu at the bottom of the page to navigate to forums?

jim

5. DaveK

DaveK LawnSite Member

HUH?

I think the only way to post a reply (and have a reply timeout) is to use the "post reply" links.

6. lawnstudent

Is there any other way to post? I know there is "Quote" but "Quote" times out as well. I guess I just take to long to write a posts.

jim

7. lawnstudent

I've used the drop down "Forum Jump" navigational aid before I post a reply or quote and it does not matter. There always is a timeout.

jim

8. DaveK

DaveK LawnSite Member

Only one way that I know of, and it has nothing to do with a drop down box. Which is why I was baffled (huh?)

Check this also..
    Go to your profile, click on "edit options" and make sure the "Browse board with cookies?" is set to yes.

This will track your session better than if not set to yes.