Repo man

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by South Florida Lawns, Jan 17, 2009.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

There is a plain jane Dodge 3500 dually around town all blacked out, black factory steel wheels maybe a 2006 or 07 its not a tow truck its got a lift under the bed and no back bumper for repoing cars. The thing is all dented up and dirty, I have been seeing this truck now for about a week around town always with a car on the back. But yesterday I saw an F550 behind it, looked like a stake bed it was long, and the dodge was squatting a lot. He left me in smoke at the light it was awesome.

2. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

lol thats pretty cool.....take some pictures next time.....def not a job I'd want, if I did I'd by carrying a .45 all the time lol I know some ppl that would wanna kill you if you showed up to take their car.

3. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

That's funny....I saw a repo tow truck the other day and it had a walker hanging off the back. Someone was hating life that day!

4. DanManofStihl

DanManofStihl LawnSite Member

We have a 2001 Chevy 3500 dually at work with the stealth on the back heres a link to the manufactor. Pretty cool when you you go through the hood and everyone thinks it is a regular truck and then you back up and hook up to someones car and are out of the neighbor hood in 5 seconds with out getting out of the truck. http://www.dynamicmfg.com/Wreckers_Carriers_Stealth.htm

5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

its never a nice meeting with a repo man

6. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

Do repo guys make good money??

7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Repo men put their life on the line its a dangerous job sometimes. You get some fruit cake running out of their house with a gun because they figure your stealing their car.

They call the wheel lifts "sneaker lifts" because you can control the whole thing from inside the truck. A F-550 behind a 3500 Dodge dually must be heavy wouldn't want to go far with it.

You are going to see more and more repo'ed cars etc too many people way over their head in bill payments.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Those sneaker lifts are a great idea. I like the standard self loader bodies a bit more but those also cost bigger buck$.

Down outside of philly, its an odd night when I don't see a couple repo trucks every night.

9. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Yep the Cummins 5.9L ISB tends to have that ability, Suck the paint right off your truck with a F-550 in tow:clapping: classic Dodge Cummins

10. Panhead

Panhead LawnSite Member

Got to love Dodge Cummins torque!