Repo Skid Steers

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWJ Services, Jan 29, 2008.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Talked to my salesman today and they are repoing a buch of skids.

They have a TL150 cab/air with 30 hours and 1.5 years left of warranty.

They just sold a similar TL140 for 35k.Less than 100 hours.

The south is getting hit hard.If you are looking for a deal they are coming.

2. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

That is happening allot around here also. Back when everything was going good new excavating business's were starting up left and right. The problem was they over bought and went highly into dept and didn't think the market was going to crash like it did. Now they don't have enough work to do to make all the payments and repo men are going crazy now trying to find all the machines. A local company is hiding a 953C and a Deere 310 backhoe from them as we speak. The repo company has already got 3 953C's,
    1 310 Deere backhoe, a cat mini excavator, a cat 267 and a 262 skid steers,a Deere 120 track hoe. That is all from one company that is now trying to file bankruptcy but still try to do work if that makes any sense to you all. All that equipment was bought in a 5 year period. Let me just say the owner tried to get too big too quick and it didn't work. Too bad all the equipment has been ran hard and is all junk.

3. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a buddy that recently went to bid a job that someone else had started. While he was there Cat showed up to repo a Cat D6 dozer that the other guy had there. The Cat people told my buddy that all of these guys try to hide this equipment but eventually we find it.

4. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

That TL150 is very cheap compared to new around here. Are they passing those prices of what is owed onto you or whoever is interested, or have they kicked the price up already?

5. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

The price is negotiable with the bank.
    The sell is not commisioned based.
    The bank names the price and you negotiate with the bank.
    My salesmans company will get a fee at the end of the sale from the bank.

My sales guy is a straight shooter.
    That TL 150 is 6 months old.
    The construction industry stopped here at the end of the summer.
    I hope to get me a sweet Excavator before the summer at a great price.

6. RipT

RipT LawnSite Member

Sad but true......there will be a lot more of this in the coming months/year. Hope it does not happen to anyone here.

Good deals for those looking to replace older equip at little or no extra cost (and with an almost new warantee to boot !!).

Good Luck ! !

7. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

Locally I have noticed that even older skid steers are comming down in price. There are several very tempting project machines for sale at prices I thought I would never see.

8. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

Around my area a used skid steer is always over price and look like they went though WWIII. It is just amazing how some people can destroy a nice piece of equipment but then again if they don't have to pay for it they don't care most of the time. Even when I worked for some one my machine always looked better then any other on the job site and I still got my work done faster and more efficient.

9. jester757

jester757 LawnSite Member

Hey

I am also in GA. Any chance you could put me in contact with yours sales guy?

Thanks.

Here is my email

cfb2dal@numail.org

10. country961

country961 LawnSite Member

Looking for a low hour Case 580 or John Deere 310 loader/hoe. Must be a 4x4 with cab, low hours and in good tight condition. Will pay up to $25,000.00 certified check.
    Also looking for clean low hour farm tractors in the 50-100 hp range. Must have a manual transmission and prefer 4x4 and attached loader. Cab a plus.
    Equipment must have a bill of sale and proof of ownership with no leans, or leans payed off as part of the deal.
    e-mail: country961@yahoo.com