Report Card-Quick 44" Samurai!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TxCaddy, Apr 4, 2008.

1. TxCaddy

TxCaddy LawnSite Member

Well I went ahead and took the plunge and bought the Samurai 44" last Monday, March 31, 2008 in order to take advantage of the special offer that expired on the 31st.

First, let me say that I was a little skeptical about of of the claims that were expressed on this forum. The good words about the machine and the company (BOP) behind it told on here were a impressive but this was not my first time to buy into these type of claims and then be fooled.

From the first time I talked to Tommy and Kim some 2-3 weeks ago up to the time I turned the key I was always wondering what would happen......if I didn't like it! Would I be able to return it and how much trouble would it be crating it back up. For this reason I held onto the pallet.

I haven't figured out what mechanism is responsible for it but the machine feels and has the presence of being a heavy machine but in fact is really easy to maneuver. I wouldn't go as far as saying that it is as easy as handling my 21" mower but it come close especially when you figure it is gulping 44" inches of grass at a time vs. 21"!

The other thing you need to know in order to know why I am saying these claims is that I spent $4,700 on a Wright Stander at my local mower store 2 years ago trying to get a handle on the 1 acre lot that my house is on. I absolutely hated this machine....the cut it left, the efficiency, the standing position...everything! I was lucky enough to get someone to buy the "Stander" for about what I paid for it and then started to look at my options when I remembered the Quick.

I enjoyed at one time tending to my lawn but not since we moved into this house. I have never been able to get a handle on it until now. I think if the last two days is any indication I have finally "one upped" the yard and finally have the right tool.

Anyway, the machine feels heavy duty enough for certainly my duties and I cannot see why it would not work out for the everyday user such as a landscape professional.

After cutting some of the neighbors yard last night I went ahead and chopped up the pallet and threw it into the outdoor fireplace and had a few "cold ones"!

I will report my progress and try to contribute something back to this forum as I really appreciate everyone views and opinions. Forums are one of the positive thing that the internet has brought to us and the education it brings.

Again, Tommy and the gang at BOP-Thanks! I will be order a mulcher and a sulke in the very near future as I hope this enriches the experience.

Also, to the posters on here that posted adverse or negative information about this product in order to mislead or because you have "a hard on" for BOP-grow up and get a life...................try being less negative and see if you life doesn't get a little better!

One other thing! It is refreshing to see someone can still build a quality product here in the good ol' US of A! Not every human in this country buys the first piece of crap that is sold at Walmart or Sears. I, for one, appreciate the effort and ingenuity of the individuals producing and servicing the products provided by this company and was very happy to pay (maybe not the cheapest you can find i.e. Walmart MTD's) a fair price for a superior product.

Keep up the good work!

2. DoktorCorb

DoktorCorb LawnSite Member

This pretty much says it all..."Won't be needin' that thing anymore!" Here's to you and the Samurai bringing your lawn to its knees this year.

3. JustCut

JustCut LawnSite Member

Congrats on your new mower.....My 36 Samurai came in last week and I only wished that my grass was taller to really appreciate what felt like a awsome mower. I will use it to mow daily when needed over ferris ztr.
    Again, congrats:usflag::clapping:

4. mowdog1

mowdog1 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I'm glad you like it. I had many issues with mine out of the crate. It's a great mower with a great company behind it.

5. TxCaddy

TxCaddy LawnSite Member

MowDog,

Issues like what?

6. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto! Please tell us. These two sentences ("I had many issues with mine out of the crate. It's a great mower with a great company behind it.") don't seem to belong in the same paragraph.

7. Yerkz

Yerkz LawnSite Member

Also bought the Quick 44 a few weeks ago and I am sending mine back. Is not working out like I thought. BOP seems like a great company and the machine is built solid but just not as productive or user friendly as I thought it would be. Sorry. Hope there will not be any issues returning it.

8. TxCaddy

TxCaddy LawnSite Member

Do you care to share what it is in detail!

9. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Very nice, honest review TXCaddy! Do keep us posted once you get the step-saver. You'll really like it then, as it's incredibly easy to use with minimal coordination and fun to ride!

10. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you called BOP yet ? Why exactly are you returning it ?