Report Cards

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Freshcut Lawn Care, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Freshcut Lawn Care

Freshcut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Thinking of issuing Mid Season Report Cards (to a few major customers) on our accomplishments to date and what barriers may be preventing us from reaching a specific goal in terms of our own expecations.

i.e. Lack of Moisture, Beds requiring mulch, etc.

Thought this would benefit both the customer and us!

The customer would like the fact we are thinking about their site and care enough to issue a detailed report. Benefits to them in improving their property, as the season progresses!

Items discussed would cover condition of the Lawn, Flower Beds, Weed Control, Pest Control, etc. What they could do to help improve their site.

Wouldn't do this for all of them, but maybe 3 or 4 Large Commercial ones!

What do you folks think of this idea? Any builds?

Thanks for any feedback!

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

4-5 Times a season (the 2nd one of this season just mailed out 7/1) we include a "newsletter" with all of our clients invoices. It normally runs 4 pages, but sometimes as many as six. We do it in MS Publisher and then have it professionally printed on two sided 11x17" paper and folded into book form. Costly, yes for the larger number of clients I have , but it looks very, very sharp and extremely professional done this way and we get comments on it all the time. The entire newletter is devoted to lawn and landscape care and issues and we include articles and information of interest, any seasonal problem updates and issues or progress (such as you are speaking of), any "special" we may be running, a "personal word" article from me as the company owner, and the one thing that really goes over well is if we have any clients that have had any problems such as a death or the like in their family and we know about our personal sympathy message is included to the client by name and in every copy. It also of course has both of my companies regional addresses as my clients are broken down into two different service areas and have two different payment areas depending on where they are located, our email and web addresses and of course customer service phone number.

I am thinking about also putting maybe one issue a year on my website.

3. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow Mike that sounds pretty impressive bet its even more so to see the actual publication! We also throw something out with invoices but nothing near that caliber, you have given me some food for thought, especially during this time of drought, you know doing all the extra landscape jobs to supplement the meager mowing being done at this time. A few clients irrigate but not near enough for me.

-Geoff

4. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I give all my customers "report cards" every month. It simply states "pay on or before **date**" :p

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Freshcut, I do something similar that is targeted on an individual basis.
    My title for the document is "Progress Report".

It is to:

Remind them of the progress I have made so far with their property.
    Address what's being do to improve other things.
    Itemize future plans.
    Point out any obstacles that are preventing other improvements.
    Indentify non-inclusive items that need work.
    Make suggestions for these improvements.
    Invite them to feel free to contact me direct with any questions, comments or requests.