1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Report on Turflex

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimmy Bell, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Jimmy Bell

Jimmy Bell LawnSite Member

I have a Toro Z255, 25 Kohler, 52" SFS deck. I cut 4 acres of fescue/crabgrass. I ordered the Turflex stripe kit off of E-Bay, first time I've ever used E-Bay. It was a quick and simple buying experience that I will try again soon. I bought about 4 bucks worth of #8 grade 3/8" hardware, drilled 2 holes in each back end bracket (the ones that run under the engine and back up to the rear bumper), man that was some tough steel to drill and I just bought a new bit, should have got the titanium one.

Once mounted, I gave it a try. I had just cut my yard 2 days before at 3", so I lowered the deck to 2.75 and made the rookie mistake - not enough grass to lay down for defined stripes. I waited a couple of days and hit another section of yard, it has a more fescue to crabgrass ratio and I cut it at 3". The result, I'm very pleased! It looks great even if I haven't got that straight line thing down yet.

Summary: Turflex makes a very good product. The unit was well made, the fit and finish was excellent. They filled the order and E-mailed me the progress of each step, the package was industrial grade and filled with bubble wrap. Now, all I need is an OCDC !
  2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

LGF you forgot the "S".
    www.MasterChute.com or click on the sponsor button at the top of this page.
  3. Jimmy Bell

Thanks guys, but I've got a promise from York Sheet Metal that they would have one for my Toro by Labor Day.

J D CRUSTA LawnSite Member

James, I'm glad it's working out for you. Remember to go back and leave feedback for us at ebay. It goes a long way towards increasing bidders confidence. I will be placing some more units on ebay next week. (We haven't had any problems with ebay so far)
    If you ever take any pictures of your mounting, email them my way. They are always welcome.
  5. Jimmy Bell

Sorry J D, I haven't had much computer time with the kids in school now. But I did go back and leave a very positive review for you on E-Bay today. Ya'll keep up the good work.
  6. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

How is your/anybodies Turfflex working? I'm curious. I just orderd one for my Scag TT. Any pic's?