Report Unlicensed Applicators, Off Target Applications

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DFLS, Mar 26, 2008.

1. DFLS

DFLS LawnSite Senior Member

To whom do you report unlicensed applicators in Connecticut? I looked on the DEP website but could not find a link. Does anyone have a number to call for Connecticut and is there a reward for reporting if it leads to them getting caught?

Also, for off target application - my neighbor's service (well known company with big green trucks) is constantly hitting my small strip of lawn and leaving the application on my driveway. Last year they learned not to from me calling each time. Came home today and it was all yellow-green pre-emergent granules on my driveway and my fresh topsoil and grass seed where the plow guy dug up the lawn. Now the seed is shot and it will be hard to grow new grass. I want to go straight to the DEP and file a complaint. Then make the neighbor's fert. company pay for sod installation where I had seeded.
  2. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

yeah, call the dept of ag, they will direct you to the correct person . you have every right to make them come back and take care of the area they ruined (seedbed) by misapplying . make it happen dude!!!! mow power to ya!! we reported some guys today about not having a license. they are coming out of the cracks like cockroaches right now, i think due to lack of money. they all see a cheap buck, but it wont last when they find out how illegal they are from a visit by the state inspector!!
  4. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't call the authorities but, i would leave an anomynous tip in the customers mailbox. I don't like involving higher ups on anything. Almost did last winter when i found out that an employee was stealing from a local Co. i deal with. Couldn't do it though. Thats just me.
  5. bglawncommand

bglawncommand LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

Along similar lines, who do we report businesses 'operating under the radar' to. For example, those admittedly working for cash, and not filing taxes?
  6. daysel

daysel LawnSite Member
    from TEXAS

So you can go blow the whistle on them? Why do you even care? Some of you guys need a freaking life and mind your own business.
    Grow up.
    Why the hell would you care if someone is not paying income tax? Let the irs figure it out. Income tax is not federal and is unconstitutional. The money doesn't even go to our government.
    I can't believe some people.:hammerhead:
  7. gsxr1100

gsxr1100 LawnSite Member
    from mobile

How do you know he is not licensed? Why does it matter? I am looking at it from the other side. I know in Texas that I would have a hotline to call in, if it mattered, cared or did anything. If I called in the illegal applications, there would be no one left or legal people prices would be 5X as much! LOL
  8. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

While your at it report of LCO'S who are employing illegals....
  9. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I would try to resolve it with the offending LCO first, ag dept second. If they are reputable they will fix it.
  10. gsxr1100

gsxr1100 LawnSite Member
    from mobile

Sure, then how do 1/3 the business survive down south? Worthless battle if you ask me.