Report Unlicensed Applicators, Off Target Applications

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DFLS, Mar 26, 2008.

1. gsxr1100

gsxr1100 LawnSite Member
    from mobile

if they have the time, manpower etc.

2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Start by hiring some of the 83,000 people who lost there jobs last week....

3. gsxr1100

gsxr1100 LawnSite Member
    from mobile

See, that is the issue. Most will not work for $7 per hour while the, hmmm, illegals do (great $$ for them)..90% of the 83K will find jobs...But the 83K you posted is compare to what # is the working force (or normal/avg working class).....

Again, up north the mentality is WAY different then down by the Mex border...I know, I lived it.

I am not saying you are wrong by any means; just I see more “illegal” apps doing a good job…why bother, nor car, even look...

4. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Very well put.

5. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Dude.... if they are illegal, and not paying income or sales taxes.... guess what? They are low balling legit businesses out of clients... and THAT's why I care.

Why don't you get a clue and realize that tax cheaters on one level or another are taking money out of YOUR pocket? Unless..... you are an ilegal operation, waving some flag of rebelitis. If I see you, or your ilk applying pesticides without a pesticde sticker on your truck in my territory in NY.... I get on the phone with my local LCO association... they call the DEC, and the cops are coming after your arse.

I can't believe some people. :hammerhead:

6. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

You tell em Whitey!!! :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :usflag:

7. gsxr1100

gsxr1100 LawnSite Member
    from mobile

Yup and do you think clients care! They CARE about the bottom line, aka $$$$$$. Again people in the north are a little different then southern people on this issue. This issue is a joke I feel. The old scare "tax" issue is a little old here. Please raise the bar here...

Lets see, law people are looking for rapist, stealers and illegal lawn apps people...give me a break....

8. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, people in the north are much smarter than people in the south.

9. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

It cost me over $900 and about 70 hours of my time to get licensed in NY. I have to bill that overhead out. The illegal applicator doesn't. Yet, I have to price compete with them anyway. Being a small solo LCO, it makes a big difference in my prices. BTW, I also tell customers that THEY are breaking the law if they hire an illegal applicator, and are also subject to fines if they get caught. Now, maybe Mr Customer DOES care!

10. Frank Fescue

Frank Fescue LawnSite Senior Member

customer doesnt care. they see prices and they 9/10 go with the lowest. if you are happy with the 1/10 you get from it and the extra money and time you are forced to give to the state while illegal guys clean up so be it, to each his own. i didnt make my first million in this industry by playing by the rules. i wont make my next million that way either.