Report Unlicensed Applicators, Off Target Applications

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DFLS, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

Biggest problem IMO is the illegals having children here. They are auto citizens and going through our school systems which we pay for. And they are taking the time away from your kids' education. Where do you think our society will be in about 20 years?

2. pinto n mwr

pinto n mwr LawnSite Senior Member
    from gr8, mn

yo quiero taco bell

3. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have much hope for our country when people compare not reporting someone who doesn't have a license to someone beating his wife or killing another human being. Same kinda person would also compare an animals life to a childs life. The way of thinking in this country absolutely puzzles me.

4. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

Well i can see the analogy but it was a bit severe. There are some points that neither side can deny though. And it's usually about education.

5. bglawncommand

bglawncommand LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

I'm sorry I said anything in the first place about turning people in.. It would help prices go up if we weeded out some of these guys. I just don't like competing with companies that are not legit (and I know he doesn't pay taxes because he told me he doesn't - assuming that nobody did!), and explaining to the customer why my business is more expensive than the others. If that is too hard to understand, than you are my problem!

6. OSCLandscaping

OSCLandscaping LawnSite Member

Read through this thread and it is blatantly obvious why our profession, for the most part, is NOT considered professional, and why it is getting more difficult to attract quality workers and charge fair prices. :(

7. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Well if you guys think its ok for illegals to work and not turn them in then you should have no problem with the lawn care guy who isn't legit and can undercut you. Don't complain when someone can undercut you or lowball because hes not legit unless your a two faced bigot....

8. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I only worry about my own Business not someone elses. If someone is operating illegaly, then sooner or later it will catch up to them. My Job is to run my business the best way i know how, which has worked out very well for me.

9. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

A little off topic but...Harley hit it on the head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7WJeqxuOfQ

10. pinto n mwr

pinto n mwr LawnSite Senior Member
    from gr8, mn

mngrassguy, plowing yet?