1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

reporting illegal operations..... how?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by alexschultz1, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

These guys are far from American citizens..... So.... I'm not going to argue any further on this issue
  2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic

So I'm of middle eastern decent, I wear a turban, I mow lawns and I cut grass for half what you are charging.

Does this make me Illegal?
    Am I some how NOT american?
    How the heck do I know what you charge in order to cut that price in half??
    Maybe I do need to cut 50+ lawns in order to pay my bills?

How does any of this make me illegal or illegitimate.

By the way….it's NOT YOUR work, It doesn't belong to you….. It's clearly MY WORK, since Im giving them less expensive service, that they are perfectly happy with, and they thought what you were charging them clearly wasn't worth it, since…. you don't have the work any more HMMM….

Oh and by the way, what nationality decent are YOU, Polish? Italian? Norwegian? English? German?
    It's certainly not "American" unless you belong to a tribe?

May Allah, Buddha, and Quetzalcoatl bless you.

Edit: BTW what IS this elusive definition of "American"?? does american supposedly = WHITE, Lazy and entitled to charge excessive non competitive rates?
  3. TPendagast

ah I remember that thread.

And he's starting to do well it seems too (except we will see when repairs and other unexpected costs start popping up)
  4. TPendagast

Did you buy those glasses from the back of a comic book that lets you "see aliens" who look like 'real people' to everyone else?

Didn't they make a movie about that?

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick grass, and I am all out of bubblegum"
  5. jcory430

jcory430 LawnSite Member

Umm, Ga. doesn't require a business license to run a lawn service. Course maybe your city does idk.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

The State of SC doesn't require a business license to operate a LCO either. Most Cities and Towns do require a license. Every now and then they drive around checking for licenses. I wish they did it daily. If I have to pay then I want everyone to pay.
    As for lowballing. If you are happy with your NET annual income, then that is all that matters. I have never been happy with my net lawn care income, so I always am looking to improve my hourly rate. Not really interested in working for half of what others work for per hour or per year. Most people just won't pay what it actually cost to run a business when it comes to lawn care IMO. The mentality has been to punish ourselves for becoming more efficient. That efficiency cost a lot more than it did 20 years ago. The cost of living is a lot more than it was 20 years ago. Prices are pretty much close to what they were 20 years ago:rolleyes:
  7. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Once again

How do you know this?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Aren't the banks required to report a certain amount of cash deposit or checks to private accounts over a certain amount. In other words suspicious accounts? I figure these guys disappear when the dollars add up or the tax guy catches up.
  9. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns LawnSite Gold Member

Just because he's not an American Citizen doesn't mean he's not a man and doesn't have to eat or have children to feed. I'm American myself, but this is what's wrong with a lot of Americans today. You have a big 3/4 or 1 ton truck in your avatar, and your worried about the next man charging $10.00 a lawn less. Sell your truck for crying out loud and drive a rusted out bucket like him so you can afford to mow for $10.00 less if that's what you want to do. For crying out loud, as I said he's still human and has to eat. He still more then likely has children to feed. I see more of an issue with the guys that drive 1 ton trucks and charge $50.00 and think everyone else has to charge $50.00 so they can pay their truck payment then Jose next door charging $30.00 trying to get by and make a living and spending his money wisely.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  10. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I need to lower my standard of living so he can live a better life. Not a chance in hell....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.