Reporting Problem Threads to Moderators

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1MajorTom, Feb 6, 2002.

1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I received a PM this morning, alerting me to a situation that I had not given much thought to before.

The person that sent me the message told me that they had found a problem in one of the threads. They reported it to me, and then the thread was later pulled. They said they assumed it was obligatory of me to send them a note telling them thanks.

First off, let me begin by saying that I do appreciate it when members take the extra time to report a thread that is in violation of guidelines whether it be a for sale ad, personal attacks, or very vulgar language etc.

There are times when one single thread will get reported 8 to 10 different times, and it would get very time consuming for me to thank every one individually. There are also times threads will get reported that aren't in violation. I also have other e-mail and PM's that I have to respond to from members that have problems that need addressed. If I had to respond to each "report a post" individually, that would chew up a lot of time.

I am in no way trying to sound ungrateful. I do appreciate the members that take the time to report posts. Please continue to report the threads that you feel are in violation. It makes my job easier, and helps this site run smootlhy. This site would be nothing without all the great members we have here.

Comments welcomed.
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

People you must remember this is a free site. The moderators are volunteers. Give them a break. If your ego is so big you think you should be getting a personnal "thank you note" then you need to get a clue!

The people that have this problem are probably the same people that get upset because of customer "harassment". Lets be adults and not cry babies.
  3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

as I have said before JODI, you do a good fair job. keep it up.

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Agreed! When I moderated there is no way in he** I could/would have time to send notes to everyone that reports a thread.

From now on if you report a thread assume you are thanked a feel good that you have helped the forum in your own way.