1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutbetterthanyou, Jun 18, 2007.

1. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone no what happens to repo mowers . Do the dealers get them back sell them as used? Or do the finacee compnany auction or sell them? I was just thinking about this, this would probably be a inexpensive way to get a pretty new mower.
  2. mike33087

mike33087 LawnSite Member

i bet its hard to repo a mower unless the lco gives it up, cause i know for damn sure they wouldnt be getting it out of my shop with out me giving it to them
  3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

finance companies get them. I go to an auction twice a year that has repo stuff. most of the time they are so run down and not worth the price of steel.
  4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I really don't think they can go into your locked shop to get it. Once out on the trailer it would be free game though. But they would need all the paperwork to show what the heck they are doing.

5. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought when you finance one it's considered to be a unsecure loan (same as a credit card.) I have seen them turned back into the dealers but ragged out and the dealer still had to ask way too high.
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Nah, usually the finance company will go looking for the mower the same as they would a car.
  7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

If they want it bad enough they will bring the sherriffs dept with them.
  8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I can see that. Most stuff being repoed isnt the best maintained stuff in the world.
  9. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

good point never really thought about them going that route. To get them involved you would be up a creek without a paddle that is for sure.

10. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

believe me i had a friends get his car repo'ed due to lost payments on the banks end.
    locked iron gate & a locked garage they still got it :confused:

if they want it they'll get it