Repower Exmark Lazer Z and Toro Z-master ZTRs with Kohler EFI

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Kohler Engines, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Kohler Engines

Kohler Engines Sponsor

We just released a 29hp Command PRO EFI repower engine spec configured specifically for Exmark Lazer Z and Toro Z-master ZTRs that were manufactured between 1998 and 2011 with horizontal shaft carbureted Kohler Command PRO engines.

Our Command PRO EFI engine utilizes the industries only Closed-Loop EFI system. Now standard in the automotive industry, Closed-Loop EFI provides greater reliability, optimal power, turn-key startability, and maximizes fuel efficiency.

Commercial landscapers who have switched from a carbureted engine to a comparably powered Kohler Command PRO EFI engine have saved up to $600 a year in fuel costs while experiencing up to 25% better fuel economy.

Click here to learn more: http://khlr.co/kZWR.

jaa17788.jpg

2. mtstclair

mtstclair LawnSite Member

so what would be involved to go from 27hp kohler on a lazer to this EFI wiring and fuel lines is that it??? and how extensive would these be??

3. Kohler Engines

Kohler Engines Sponsor

Hey Mtstclair, please email us at enginefieldservice@kohler.com and I'll be happy to walk this through the process. Thanks, Mark

4. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Subscribed...

5. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris LawnSite Senior Member

I heard that the Kohler engines are by far the best on the market. Also I hear that the EFI will be a great gas saver but if it ever messes up you're going to pay big bucks on trying to get it to run again.. Coming from my brother in law that owns his own small engine repair business and has been working on them for YEARS. So you better believe I will stay away from EFI but will just get the reg Kohler engine on my new mower purchase.

6. Gold Leaf Lawnscapes

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes LawnSite Member

How can I talk to a rep about this? I sent an email to the link provided earlier with no response.

7. Kohler Engines

Kohler Engines Sponsor

Hi Gold Leaf Lawnscapes,

Did you send an email to enginefieldservice@kohler.com? If not, you should because our Field Service team will be able to help you further. If you did send them an email, please let me know what email you used and I'll follow up with the team immediately.

Thanks, Cindy

8. Gold Leaf Lawnscapes

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes LawnSite Member

Yes, I did. Farmall300@yahoo.com thank you. Maybe they didn't receive the email
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. mtstclair

mtstclair LawnSite Member

So has anyone done this engine swap?? I have a 27hp kohler on a lazer that is getting weak cant decide to do this or rebuild the kohler

10. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

The warranty that comes with a new engine is a good selling point. Have you considered the Confidant series of Kohler engines and the Briggs Cyclonic. These both run about $1000-1200 I think. The savings will buy a lot of gas.

ericg likes this.