repower with electric start

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Tony Harrell, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I'm putting an electric start engine on a walkbehind that had recoil. There's no harness available for my specific application. I can strip the solenoid and battery and such from the other mower but, how do I tie it into the safety features on the walkbehind? Plus, I'd rather use a pushbutton starter with the existing key switch instead of replacing the key switch. Can anybody help?

2. grasmo

grasmo LawnSite Member
    from fl

well if you want to use the existing switch then it is already done for you. just hook it up normal but make sure that your push button is after the safety switches. grasmo.

3. firedawg331

firedawg331 LawnSite Member

TONY ,
    COME BY MONDAY AND I WILL DRAW IT OUT FOR YOU,DONT USE A PSH BUTTON GOT TO KEEP THOSE SAFTEY SWITCHS WORKING.ALSO THANKS FOR THE ADDRESS FOR THIS SITE:dizzy:

4. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

D. Danley? Hey, I spent 6 hours at that ladys house on Worth St saturday. It was a mess, but I'm proud of my work and she's astounded at the difference. I'm sure I'll get other work out of it but, not sure if I want it in that neighborhood. btw-I can't come by weekdays unless I can slip away early. Here's a thought,why don't you guys stay open til 6? Ha Ha Ha!