Repowered!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rvsuper, Mar 18, 2004.

1. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Replaced the old 12.5 Kohler that was louder then hell with a Kohler 15. Total time from mounting to running was 30 minutes. A LOT quieter than the old old 12.5.

repower 001.jpg

2. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

///////////////////

repower 002.jpg

3. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wait a couple of months. The 15 isnt a whole lot quieter. The extra power will be a big plus though

4. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Old 12.5 is now a paperweight.

repower 003.jpg

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

glad you got it together. it's a force to be reckoned with now :D
    get a sulky. I was playing with my "new" 32" Gravely belt drive w/b today (12hp) and mowed 1/2 acre with it in my yard... walking is ok for small areas so you can manhandle it in turns, but for medium size areas and large ones, gotta have a sulky. Lets say it made me glad I have a 52" hydro with a ProSlide! I got on the TTHP and felt like a Rolls Royce after the Gravely LOL. The Gravely does a good job though, better than I thought it would. It has a 12hp B&S I/C which I'm probably going to replace with a 14hp Kawasaki.

6. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I know once it breaks in and stuff. But the old one was way too loud. You couldn't have your earplugs out from 30 feet away and it would still be loud. It had a bad camshaft and lifters so I said screw it, insurance for the course paid for all of it except the $56 deductible.

ERIC- I bought a proslide again today! I loved it on my old Proline when I was an lco! The 15 will surely pull me along with it.

7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Was your ProLine a belt drive? 15 on a 36 is gobs of power. my 52" Scag hydro had a 14hp Kaw and pulled me on the Proslide fine. My 17/52 TTHP handles it great.

8. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Yes it was belt.

9. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

Man! Fill me in on how you keep that mower looking so good! Looks like its in excellent shape. Keep it up!

Brian

10. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Pretty good for an older model. The underside of the deck still has most of the paint on it yet.