1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Reptile visitor to my pond

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Grn Mtn, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

One rainy day back in the summer I was looking out at my pond and thought something looked out of place....

2. nephilim0167

nephilim0167 LawnSite Member

:waving: Gotta love it! I was once hedging back some overgrown ornamental grass and as I put the hedger down a little gecko crawled out from inside the grass. He was about 1" away from losing his head. I love this line of work 8]
  3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

great pic! that one ought to be on a publication about ponds or something.

but...uhhh...the animal in question is not a replile. it is an amphibian......

GEO :waving:

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

we know who the boss of that pond is
  5. Grn Mtn

Ahhh crap your right:weightlifter: Yeah but how many people would have looked at the thread if I said it that way:laugh:

The picture would have been even better if some of the 6 Comit(sp?) Gold Fish were at the surface.
  6. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

hey do you have that picture uncompressed ? my wife has decorated our bathroom in frogs and would like to print and frame that picture to add to her others.
  7. scoots93

scoots93 LawnSite Member

How many gallons is your pond? I like the picture of the frog. I hope we end up with some this year. I just build by pond last year in the Spring. I have 10 Koi. No frogs yet. I am located in Pa. I am trying to find a good vacuum for the pond. What would you recommend? I plan on purchasing the pondomatic xl pond vacuum. Do you think this is a good purchase for my size pond. It is 20 feet long by 9 feet wide and 2 and a half feet deep. I have a short stream the turns into a waterfall, and a bog up top by the filter.

Nice to meet you.
  8. Grn Mtn

Check your PM's
  9. Grn Mtn

Small pond, 90 gallons.

Give it time, the frogs will come.

No vacuums for me, ponds too small. Just try to keep it eco-balanced and go overboard on a pump and filter. I keep it running year-round and the only fish I've lost is to a Heron.

I clean the filters, have snails, LOTS of plants, and scoop out leaves with a rake. maybe once a week feed the fish if I remember.
  10. pondfishr

pondfishr LawnSite Member

That frog is really onto something. Great picture....