Reputation / Point System - Last Discussion

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Sean Adams, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

It's your comments about 1/2 of the people who made lawnsite a great place for me and I believe many others that has made me think WTF about you lateley. You used to be a cool chick what happend to start all these bad feelings? I am not happy lots of bad vibes lateley :(

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Comments about who? I have never named names or said anything about any one select individual. If you are down on me about my comment about the reputation points being a small select group of people leaving rep points for "their innner circle", it's no big deal.
    We were asked to give our opinions about the rep points, I gave my mine, you gave yours, I see no need to have bad vibes towards each other over it.
    Take it easy and enjoy your birthday.

fcl01 likes this.
  3. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Dang birthdays arent funn anymore it just means you are an older fart now.:drinkup:
    The "frat" "inner circle" is not that at all. Look at my points distribution yea I gave alot to my "friends" obviously we see eye to eye and give points on good posts or ideas.Thats wat it was for. It has caused sooooooo many problems just get rid of it.

DLCS likes this.
  4. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

...and If I carved yours, it'd be empty. Ha ha.
    Crawdad

So, you don't have time to read "private" messages, but you read rep point messages? Funny.
    Crawdad

5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

My thoughts are this. It's nothing more than a popularity contest. There are no repercussions for having a lower or negative reputation. And there shouldn't be, the way people hand these things out. There are no positives for having a large positive reputation. From what I see, it's just what other people think of your posts. Which I could really give a crap about. Personally, I don't come here to impress people, or have people agree with me. In fact, I like it better when they don't. At least then I learn more.

I'm not really sure what the whole point of the reputation thingy is. New members can tell who is more reliable, who to listen to? Hang around a day or so and you can figure that out real quick.

I don't really care what happens to the system. I don't use it, I don't really pay attention to what other people think of me. Seems to me like it's causing more problems than it is solving anything.

:D

6. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

This is why a name needs to be captured......

Got a ding for the above post which was a reply to Jodi's post. Here is the comment in the ding "poor you! waaaa waaaa waaaa"

I don't care about the ding, I'm just trying to show how people are getting their kicks with it. Capture a name and leave no place for comment. This will end all problems.

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Really? I don't know about that. You think a member won't "retaliate" and give that person a "ding" right back at them if they knew their name?

So let's use you Soupy as an example, strictly as an example. Let's say I gave you 2 'dings' in a row, you saw it was me that did it. What would you do? Would you call me out on it in the open forum, (that there seems like it would cause more fighting), would you ding me back, or would you do nothing at all? Just curious.

8. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I have given 2 dings and have signed them both. I did not receive a ding back unless the 2 members waited a week and that is who is dinging me now. But I don't believe this to be the case.

Like I stated before if we get rid of the score card then it wouldn't matter much if we dinged each other back and forth.

I don't mind getting dinged. It is the useless dings that make me mad. What was said was between me and you and somebody felt the need to ding me for that. Unless it was you and I don't believe that to be the case either.

The ding doesn't bother me at all. It's the fact that some cowards like to leave a smart Alic comment without signing it.

I think that if a name is captured then someone would be less likely to just throw dings out for fun.

Non the less, I think the system is fun.

Now, to the person that dinged me... Can I have another, but this time sign it!!!

Isn't controversy fun :)

Liberty Lawncare and DLCS like this.
  9. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

How long is this "last discussion" going to go on??

Liberty Lawncare and DLCS like this.
  10. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it'll "last" a while.
    Crawdad

DLCS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.