1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Reputation / Point System - Last Discussion

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Sean Adams, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

I have already said what I think a few times in other threads and poles but I have as yet to vote on it.
    So here we go again. I vote keep it even though I have said up to now that I don't care. I still don't but if I have to vote one way or another I say keep it but don't allow it to be used in off topic posts. I also like the idea of it leaving the name of the person giving the points or ding as the case may be.
    I have only used it twice so far to give points. I don't see me using the negative side of this any more than I report posts I don't like. I do like the idea of being able to say thanks to some one who gives me good advise and it's for this reason I would like to see it stay.
    Picking on someone for occasionally saying something dumb would be far to hypocritical for an old farm boy like me. LOL
    A lot of you are having fun with this and as much use as this forum is for pertinent information....having some fun is important too. My advise to some of you though would be to grow up just a little and try not to rune every thing new that comes down the pike. But thats just me.
    Liberty Lawncare, fcl01 and DLCS like this.
  2. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Another fine example of why this point thing should be dropped. So far I think we've seen several if not many reasons why it should go away and about two why it should stay.

3. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Give people a choice if they want to participate or not. That way the people that want to have fun can and the others that don't won't have to be a part of it. That will solve all of the problems with the point system.
  4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I think that we should keep the point system.

I am happy with it but I think it would be better if there was no comment line. just a red or green square.
    Turf Medic, crawdad and olderthandirt like this.
  5. Turf Medic

This post earned me a negative point :dizzy: of course no signature or comment, sign you name, it's not like I'm going to drive to your house over a point on Lawnsite :dizzy: .

Wrong opinion I guess, giving people a choice :D
    SLS, Soupy and mtdman like this.
  6. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I agree, sign your name. If you don't believe in what you say, they stay under the rock you crawled out from.

Turf Medic, Even though you have dinged me, I will replace the loss point for you. I don't hold grudges and the ding that you got was wrong.
  7. Turf Medic

Hey Soupy ol buddy, appreciate the point, I wouldn't have dinged you if you hadn't posted requesting it, something about liking the little red boxes with the greens. Just no keeping you happy is there, suppose you are collecting green ones now :D, soon as I can I'll send you a green one.
    fcl01 likes this.
  8. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

"Wrong opinion I guess, giving people a choice :D"

Now you know how Ralph Nader feels. LOL! :laugh:
    Liberty Lawncare and Turf Medic like this.
  9. fcl01

fcl01 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

i love the points! its good entertainment. i got some points the other day and it was signed "from a frat brother". so ill just pass it on to the rest of ya!LOL

10. Turf Medic

I have a question about the points system and since this is the last discussion on it, here goes. Can you give or take points with the sponsors or are they exempt?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.