resale value question

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Kwalk, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Kwalk

Kwalk LawnSite Member

I'm trying to sell a Husky z turn I bought about three years ago and can't find any Info on what I should expect to get for it. It is a 03 model,48 in. cut with about 400hrs on it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Pitbull05

Pitbull05 LawnSite Member

You should talk to your dealer and acountant. They would be great sources for this info.

Good luck

3. Kwalk

Kwalk LawnSite Member

I have tried talking to him but he is fairly new at selling Husky's brand. I am going to hound him on this because he should know this by now.

4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

is it an IZ... machine or a CZ ? commercial or residential.

Either way a husq mower with 400 hours is on its last legs.

5. Kwalk

Kwalk LawnSite Member

It is an IZ. Roughly how many hours should I expect out of this mower?

6. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

well maintained... little abuse... 2000 hours is a good ballpark. It all varies.

Husq mowers just aint the best built machines out there. Thier 2 stroke stuff is great... ran 2 of thier trimmers daily for 3 years... one toasted a clutch and the other ran the cylinder down... 1 engine still runs great but its going to find a new home in an RC boat im building this winter.

7. T Total Lawncare

T Total Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from The deep south

How in the world does 400 hrs convert to on it's last legs if you can say you can get 2000 hrs out of the machine. Just curious , something is wrong with that statement. :confused: I don't know many people who aren't looking to trade at 2000hrs either, especially if it isn't a diesel or maybe liquid cooled. But hey it also depends on what you mean by abuse. I don't consider regular usage abuse. I think if 400 hrs was on its last legs Husqvarna would have dropped their ztr line a long time ago. I guess by your statement i'll have to trade my husky in about every other 2 years, shucks. And also I hear more inconsistency in their 2 stroke line than anything. Some say great some say terrible. Who do you beleive? I just wish I could hear a current owner of their Ztr's say they didn't like it. There are plenty of oppurtunities on Commercial mowing thread to voice their disgruntelness on several threads started about Husqvarna. But I havent read one yet, Especially about one built in the last few years. It just seems other brand users like to jump on the anti-husqvarna bandwagon whenever THEY read something about husky.