Rescue me from RoundUp

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Envy Lawn Service, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well... I have made no secret of the fact that I'm no fan of RoundUp.

I'm finally getting to the point where I'm having an "Analize This" moment (movie reference) where
    I can't finally take it no more

What are you guys using instead of RoundUp for longer term vegatation control.
    Like for beds, gravel drives, ect...

*trucewhiteflag*

2. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

round up mixed w/ Pre-m + gallery, the earlier in the season you spray the better, and reapply weeds or no weeds, according to the label and rates you have used to keep them from coming up. Nowhere near as cheap as just roundup, but it works.:weightlifter:

3. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Gravel drives...Hyvar-XL (sterilant)

Beds....Barricade pre-em, snapshot

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Round up mixed with Sahara, one kills the others the sterilent

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Oryzalin. You can control the time of effectiveness for however long youwant it to work, and it has low leaching properties.

6. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

Everything Must Go! FIFRA ACT EXEMPT

This kills within hours but does not have a preventative.

www.farmcropextracts.com

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That's what he's after, is something to keep new stuff from developing.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, I'm getting tired of seeing new stuff germinate before what I just sprayed is even dead from the roundup. I would just like some breaks between spraying. So I was curious what other's were doing.

9. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

I, like Runner, use Oryzalin from Lesco (or Prosource). It's the old Surflan product that I guess is off patent now. I've also used Pennant, but not recently enough to remember how well it worked. I may go back to it though because it's clear and mixes more easily. There's a number of other products out there, you just have to find the best fit for you. Pre-M, Gallery, Team, Dimension(Lifegaurd), Barricade(Stonewall), the list goes on and on. Some cover more grassy weeds, some cover more broadleaf. Marc

10. recliner5

recliner5 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

What did you decide? I would like to know. I feel the same as you about roundup. Thanks Terp from Mulberry