Research question.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mosmgras, Mar 19, 2007.

1. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

So... I'm in the process of becoming licensed for liquid pest/herb applications. I just spent the last hour searching and reading posts on this subject. I don't want to bore anyone with all the beginner questions, save one...

What is the recommended reading (books, articles, websites, etc.) on this subject?

My certification procedures don't begin for a few more weeks and I'd like to do some reading before hand to at least have a basic grasp of the equipment and chemicals, their use and applications. Thanks in advance guys.

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

The state should send you all the books you need. :rolleyes:

For a price

3. mosmgras

from NC

Yea, I sent the application (including fees) to the state and am waiting on their books. I just thought there might me something out there to read in the mean time.

Thanks for the reply.

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

It is not that hard. Realy. I would like to know more but state ag is the best place to start. They know the most about your area.

5. mosmgras

from NC

Well, my plan is to get licensed first then research the subject and learn all that I can. If it takes me a year or more to know what I need to know... so be it. The last thing I want to do is rush out and kill someone's lawn or worse.;) The common problem I noticed in reading through previous posts was that people seemed convinced that owning the equipment was license enough.

I, for one, would much rather study this subject and find out that its more than I need to take on than to simply go and buy a spray rig, mix up chemicals and endanger myself or others.