residental work

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by whiffyspark, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Be careful hanging signs in AA or Howard county . The fines are steep,like a few hundred per day per sign

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

You can put them anywhere over the weekend they just have to be taken down Sunday night

We own another house on route 2 down here going to put a 4x4 sign there. Our house is on the main road as well but town won't let any signs at all be hung. Not even the cheap yard signs
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Marek

The problem we have always seen with flyers or signs is that you get so many people that you give quotes to "price shoppers" or "free advice" to then you drive by and they have used your ideas to do it themselves or have someone cheaper do the same job. Word of mouth and personal referrals will be your best future clients

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I can agree 100% after you get in front of the right people. That's the biggest issue is me getting in front of the people I need to.

I almost bid on the aa contract. Didn't get it done in time projected was between $100-200k. Needed a tree expert thoughb
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Marek

and it was all hand work