1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Residential 42" ZTM - brand selection - reliability

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by kirk_2892, May 25, 2012.

1. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Bob cat fast cat is equivalent to hustler fast track...
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Also less weight on turf isn't a bad thing .. Big heavy ztr's leave ruts to high heaven.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. kirk_2892

kirk_2892 LawnSite Member

Yeah, that is sure right. I once had a Haybine stuck to the axle. A Haybine isn't much different than a ZTM with a 12 foot cut. :)

The old Haybines all steered with two levers just like the modern ZTM's.
  4. GoldStarMowing

GoldStarMowing LawnSite Member

This is my review of my Z600 Zero turn Deere, you might want to take a look at it even though the Z600 is probably over kill for your needs. (posted below) If you're going to be mowing 2 acres id say step up to the Z400 series EZtrak and get a 48" or 54" depending on how narrow some of your area's are. You'll thank yourself later on down the road.

5. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, did you ever get anything? Just gonna let you Bad Boy released the new MZ Magnum 54" 27hp Briggs professional $3499, 48" 26hp Kawasaki for $3899 54" $3999. The magnum has 2800's. They have a 42" for 2999 for single 21hp, or 3399 for 22hp kawasaki twin. Welded decks, very HD for little homeowner mowers. Since you have 2 acres, you are at the top of what an ezt can handle, I like to bump you guys up to serviceable trannys they perform at cooler temps and oil can be changed out easily to prolong life.