1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Residential agreements/contracts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stevenf, Jan 17, 2008.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Today I got a coupon in the mail from a Landscape management company. One of the savings was 2 free mowings with a seasonal program agreement. This got me curious as to whether they are actually agreements or a contract. Seems like offering two free mowings would have to be a contract.
    If so, are most of your residential customers scared off by your contract? Do you give them a contract or an agreement? By agreement, I mean that they agree you will be there every week and will receive a bill in the mail. By contract, I mean they legally have to stick will you all season and pay reguardless of outcome.
  2. Dave_005

Dave_005 LawnSite Senior Member

I use a written agreement, it explains the price, monthly billing, when the invoices are sent out, any late fees, what work is to be done, and lets either party cancel with a 2 week written notice if unsatisfied.
  3. huntlawncare

huntlawncare LawnSite Member

i do mine the same way as dave seems to work well
  4. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

A two week written notice means- They have to pay for the next two services to be done with you, or They are obligated to let you complete two more services?
  5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

you may find it difficult to get a home owner to sgin a contract.

however a good selling point of a contract is that there "Locked in " at that price.

So If fuel goes up 50 to 75 cents a gallon, they come out the victor.

to answer your Q, the contract can be broken with a written notice and yes thay MUST recive 2 more cuts.