Residential and Commercial Contracts or Agreements

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Crew Cut Lawncare, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Crew Cut Lawncare

Crew Cut Lawncare LawnSite Member

I have been looking for various types of contracts that you use. I can not download some of the attatchments of the sample contracts from the other forums. Anyone with a good contract for residential or commercial accounts please email them to me at erinbal@execpc.com Let me know what should be included in a contract and what is not very important.
    I do use contracts on commercial properties but not on residential ones. After doing some reading on this site many of you believe these agreements are necessary. Thanks alot.

2. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

its not only a good idea to have a commercial contract, it is also the law. You could actually recieve a fine for not writing up a contract in some states. However they dont by any means need to be complex. Mine are very simple they have all of our contact information, and it inludes my warranty like for plants and retaining walls etc., and I have a little paragraph saying that there will be an extra charge if the price of materials goes up unexpectedly or if unforscene circumstances may arise, or for additional labor not mentioned in the estimate. And then you have to include a little bulshit line saying that the buyer or you may cancel the contract at anytime prior to midnight of the third business day after the date of the contract is signed and that cancelation must be done in writing. And I include a line at the bottom saying the above specifications and conditions are satisfactory and are herby accepted. And that is where there is line for them to sign. But in the middle of the page i have like 10 blank lines for me to fill in about what the job is gnna be and how payments will be made. As long as you have that your fine. I know I had to take a customer to small claims court and it held up with no problem. Basically you just have to get something in writing that they sign, and you will be able to cover your ---.