Residential at 7:15 A.M.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J & J Mowing, May 3, 2003.

1. J & J Mowing

J & J Mowing LawnSite Member
    from KS

I had 5 to mow Friday, it looked like rain, so I was
    cutting at 7:15 A.M.
    I saw a couple of people come out of their homes
    and look my way.
    How early do you guys start ?

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

No earlier than 8 am.

In some areas there may even be regulations against excessive noise before a certain time of ady.
  3. Of course it’s better to mow a vacant house or lot or whatever that early. If I don’t have one of those to start off the day, then I’ll rotate the wake-up mow to different homes. Neighbor’s are potential new customers. City ordinance allows people to mow here from 7am to 9pm.

Something that just occurred to me, if you were to mow the same lawn that early, then you’d only be aggravating one group on a regular basis, instead of most everyone a few times. Have to think about that …
  4. edrenckh

edrenckh LawnSite Member

Not usually before 9am on weekends. Work during the week.
  5. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

8:30 at the eariest on weekdays, 10:00 on weekends..
  6. 1rhino

1rhino LawnSite Member

we do not start before 7:30am Monday Thru Friday and only do commercial lawns on weekends
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

NOT good! WAY too early for a residential area.
    8 would be the absolute earliest. This (7 a.m.) is prior to the disturbing the peace hours, I believe, for most noise ordinance areas. I would be trying my HARDest to find something else to do that would be quiet until the right time came.
  8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

at the shop at 8am, but we don't start mowing utnil 9am and go usually to 7 or 8..sometimes later depending on the day.
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We all split out of the yard around 7:30 - 7:45, so I guess it's not until 8 or after the first Kawi is cranking up.
  10. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

9am everyday