1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Residential Finance Program ?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by sc8per_7, Dec 29, 2004.

1. sc8per_7

sc8per_7 LawnSite Member

Good Day, I'm interested in the Residential Finance Program that ALCA/Wells Fargo has to offer. Has anyone used this service before for any of your customers? any comments would greatly be appreciated.
  2. sc8per_7

sc8per_7 LawnSite Member

I see that there has been a lot of lookers at this post, but nobody has used this program or heard anyone that has been part of the ALCA program?
    To become a member of the ALCA cost around $400 but they have a lot to offer with the program, but I'm interested in the Finance Program mostly, or do you know of other Landscape Finance programs available I have several large bids on the table and I want to use every means of resource available to offer the customers to secure these bids. I don't want to spend the $$ if it's not worth it. I could use the $$ on some other things such as a fan for my greenhouse.. Thanks, God Bless. Art :waving: :waving:
  3. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know why you would not set yourself up to accept credit cards or at least one. Everyone has a credit card and is willing to use it. It is second nature for many people for them to impulse buy or go the extra mile on something by using the card. They are extremely easy to use from the consumer's point of view.

Compare that to suggesting that they fill out forms and agreements to take out a loan to landscape their house. The card is already approved and is a line of credit. They know that they are not going to be rejected by Visa. There is no chance of embarassment. There is no chance that you will know anything about their financial situation.

You can throw a big Visa sticker on your truck and benefit from it.
  4. sc8per_7

sc8per_7 LawnSite Member

Thank You AGLA, we are set up for credit cards. My point is, they are large jobs. one is $80,000+ and the other is $55,000. So I don't know of too many people that would would say okay just slap that $80,000 landscape job on my credit card....My question is about Finance programs not Credit Cards Good Day, God Bless. Art