early is too early?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stryper, Jun 8, 2005.

1. stryper

stryper LawnSite Member
    from IL

In deference to sleeping teens, new mothers, night shift workers, and other assorted slackers, how early do you start cutting?

Do you just wake the poor slobs up whenever you feel like getting at it? Or is there a more-or-less agreed upon time that it's okay to start making racket?

Are strictly residential areas handled any differently than commercial/business district properties?
  2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

I would follow the noise ordinance for the area I was mowing in. Usually 7:30 here.
  3. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

We start at 8 am

ALAN'S LAWN CARE LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

here in iowa where i live i start at 7:00 when its really hot and humid...then when it cools down ill start at 8:00.....theres a law in town that says quiet time is from 10:30 pm till 7:00 am you cant start a lawn mower or something before 7:00..most lawn companys here start at 7:00 everyday
  5. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Never before 8am, 9am on weekends.

BALDEAGLE LawnSite Member

7. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

Being a former 3rd shifter, new parent no time is good. start at 8 like most people.
  8. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

most noise ordinances in metro areas that we dealt in were 10 pm to 8 A.M., obviously in a commercial area if no one is around to hear, you can work at 4am with the lights on if you wanted to.(if a mower runs without a muffler in the forest and there was no one to hear it, would it really be running?) Would you be upset if someone fired a chainsaw or a bp blower near your window on your day off at 7 am? Let that be your guideline if there are no others.
  9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

last sunday i called the police dept from my first stop. i asked them what time i could start mowing. they said 8 am is legal, 10 am is courteous. 7:59...i pulled the rope
  10. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

8am for Residents and 7am for Commercials...