1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

residential installation

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by poneal, May 6, 2003.

1. poneal

poneal LawnSite Member

I am building a new home and starting to think about irrigation (probably with a well). Was curious what brand sprinkler system you might recommend.

Thank you.
  2. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

The bast systems don't go by brands. They my have several brands of products used throughout. But to answer your question. Hunter and Rainbird.
  3. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

Hunter heads and Rainbird controller/valves.
  4. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Hunter Pro-C controller, I20 rotors, Institutional sprays and PGV valves
  5. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with HBFOXJR
    I have tried Toro, Rainbird, Buckman, Irrimatic, Weathermatic and others.
    In my experience, Hunter products perform best in residential and light commercial applications while being operator friendly.
  6. I agree with Harold in regard to timer, good and reliable, however for fixed spray nozzles, can't beat the U-Series Nozzles that RainBird makes.

By the way, Hunter bodies and the U series nozzles can be combined, though it may change your flow numbers a little.

7. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

All we ever use are RB spray nozzles. They are they best. We use fixed arc for 1/2 and F, VANs for all other arcs and strip sprays as needed. We stock 8,10, 12 and 15s in arcs so that assortment keeps inventory reasonable.